IVF with donor egg without travelling abroad
It’s an IVF treatment with eggs from our donors. It’s recommended when the quality of oocytes t’s not high to have evolutionary perspectives on pregnancy. In Institut Marquès we offer that treatment without travelling abroad.
SUCCESS RATES EGG DONATION
Patients who can freeze embryos after the transfer 85,8%
|Institut Marquès||Spanish Fertility Society (SEF)|
|Pregnancy / cycle||91%||73,2%|
|Average of frozen embryos||2,8||3,3|
|Average of transferred embryos||1,1||1,6|
SUCCESS RATES EGG DONATION
Under egg amount (Institut Marquès)
|Average of good quality blastocysts||Pregnancy rate by transfer||Pregnancy rate by cycle|
Pregnancy rates mean pregnancies achieved with embryos coming from an egg collection.
This includes the transfer of fresh embryos as well as the possible transfers of frozen embryos.
In Donor Egg IVF cycles, we guarantee two blastocysts or a positive pregnancy tests. If that is not achieved, patients will benefit from a 50% discount in the second cycle.
Physician of the Year in Assisted Reproduction 2019
Dr. Marisa López-Teijón’s opinion
“We have been seeing many patients who have not become pregnant after cycles of treatment with egg donation in clinics where they were “ensured” a high number of eggs or even a certain number of blastocysts. Offering or ensuring many eggs or blastocysts leads to worse pregnancy rates, because in order to get what was promised, eggs and blastocysts of poor quality are considered as good ones. Blastocysts of bad quality, which do not implant and can lead to micro-miscarriages, should not be cryopreserved, let alone perform cryotransfer cycles with them”. Read more.
What does the first IVF appointment entail?
- An interview with an IVF specialist and another with an embryologist. The IVF specialist will tell you what treatment you need to take and the embryologist will explain to you all the laboratory procedures that will be performed.
- Tests that need to be done.
- Signing of the Consent Form for the specific assisted reproduction technique. By signing the Consent Form, patients agree that they have been fully informed about all the medical, biological, legal, ethical and economic matters related to their specific treatment and that they willingly accept the conditions stated in the Consent Form.
- Instructions for the medication to be administered.
- Selection of the most suitable day to start the treatment.
When does the second appointment take place?
Your uterus is prepared for embryo transfer using a medication that thickens the endometrium. Only one ultrasound is required to monitor whether your uterus is ready to receive the embryos.
Which treatment should I have?
If you have your menstruation, a contraceptive pill is prescribed to inhibit ovarian function. You must have a scan done to check the thickness of the endometrium. Depending on the day we will do the transfer, we will tell you when to start progesterone.
What are the possible side effects of the treatment?
While taking the contraceptive pill it is common to have slight spotting. Usually this is not medically significant or problematic for the treatment. If you do experience any problems then let us know and we will tell you what to do. However, bleeding is important if it occurs whilst applying the patches. In this case always inform us.
What tests need to be performed before starting an IVF cycle with donor sperm?
- Vaginal ultrasound.
- Ovarian reserve test.
- Embryo transfer catheter test.